[syslog-ng] Logging To MongoDB and specifying data types

Michael Dillon mdillon at reachmail.com
Fri Jul 27 18:22:27 CEST 2012

I'm using the syslog-ng windows client to forward IIS logs to syslog-ng.
I'm using the CSV parser to split it into pairs and pick and choose my
pairs. I'm not able to figure out how to insert a field from these pairs
(or any others) into MongoDB as a date time field. They are being stored as
strings. Also I'd like to store quite a few of the other columns/elements
as integers. Obviously I could run a job to do conversions after they are
inserted into the database I'd just hate to setup a rube golberg machine if
I don't have to.

--
Michael Dillon