[syslog-ng] what's next for syslog-ng?

Peter Czanik czanik at balabit.hu
Fri Jul 20 10:33:50 CEST 2012

On 07/19/2012 07:54 PM, Mr. James W. Laferriere wrote:
>   	Hello Peter ,
>
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2012, Peter Czanik wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> It was in last weeks syslog-ng newsletter, but as I'd like to see more
>> input, I post it again:
>>
>> Sources for some previously Premium Edition-only features have been
>> available for a while now, but have not been merged into the Open Source
>> Edition yet. As we want to release OSE 3.4 soon, we are unlikely to have
>> the necessary resources to merge all of these. We would like to ask Your
>> opinion on which of these features would you like to see in the upcoming
>> release.
>> Please vote and share your reasoning in the BalaBit community forum at
>> http://communities.balabit.com/balabit/topics/poll_which_of_these_features_would_you_like_to_see_ported_from_syslog_ng_pe_in_the_upcoming_major_ose-1jdudb?rfm=1
>>
>> Thanks for your feedback in these hot summer days! :)
>> Bye,
>   	can we please have the at the url above posted as 'Plain Txt' so they
> can be resized for us with viewing difficulties ?  Tia ,  JimL
It was in plain text, I double checked it, but it's a really long URL.
So here is a shortened version: http://goo.gl/tQ7ek

>   	Also might be nice to see that list HERE Then we can vote on them there
I must admit, that the point of doing this way was to generate some
traffic, hopefully even new users to our community website. Personally I
don't believe in forum support for server software (instead I'm
subscribed to n+1 mailing lists...), but still I try to help our website
effort :-)

Right now multiline is leading the poll (as I expected).

My
Bye,

--
Peter Czanik (CzP) <czanik at balabit.hu>
BalaBit IT Security / syslog-ng upstream