[syslog-ng] Relicensing syslog-ng man pages

Fekete Robert frobert at balabit.hu
Thu Jan 19 10:07:00 CET 2012

Hi,

to make the syslog-ng manual pages more consistent with the source code and also
to make the life of package maintainers a bit easier, we have relicensed the man
pages of syslog-ng under the GPLv2 license. Bazsi will add source of the manual
pages (docbook xml) to the syslog-ng source code as well.

Please find attached the xml sources of the current man pages of syslog-ng OSE
3.3. I will also update the adminguide to include the relicensed man pages.

Generating the man pages from the sources is relatively simple, just dump them
into a directory and execute the following: (you need to have xsltproc and
docbook-xsl installed, and might have to adjust the path for your environment)

for i in *.xml; do xsltproc
/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/docbook-xsl/manpages/docbook.xsl $i; done

Sidenote:
the syslog-ng.8 man page contained outdated information about chrooting
syslog-ng, I have corrected that as well.

Regards,

Robert