[syslog-ng] version 3.4 init script?

Jenei Gábor jengab at elte.hu
Wed Feb 29 11:57:24 CET 2012

Hello,

I have a small problem with the newly compiled 3.4 version's init script
in Debian like environments(Debian wheezy and Linux Mint Debian
Edition). It loads syslog-ng upon startup in runlevel 2, but I cannot
stop the program later by /etc/init.d/syslog-ng stop as it is shown
twice in the process list with a low process ID first around 1500 and
second time the running instance that I can control, but the low PID
version loads back the closed instance. Is it a multithread issue maybe?
I've just set syslog-ng to run on multiple cores. Or Is it possibly a
misconfigure of my init script? If I list the running instances and kill
them all then syslog-ng stops, but I guess this is not the best way to
shutdown the service.

Thanks for your replies

Gabor