[syslog-ng] Documentation questions

Chris Johnson masterof0 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 22:02:06 CET 2012

I was reading through the documentation, and noticed that in some examples the log statements are named:

log demo_filteredlog {
source(s1);
filter(demo_filter);
destination(d1);};

When I tried using this method in my config file, syslog-ng fails to start. Is this method supported or is this just an oversight with the documentation?

Also, the links to the sample pattern database (http://www.balabit.com/downloads/files/patterndb-snapshot/?utm_source=syslog-ng-ose-guide-admin-en&utm_medium=pdf-guide&utm_campaign=syslog-ng-ose-guide-admin-en) apprears to be incorrect. Is this the same pattern database at /downloads/files?path=/patterndb-snapshot? or is there a more recent one available to download?

Thanks
Chris