[syslog-ng] 3.3.4 anyone else notice a memory leak

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Fri Feb 10 11:14:25 CET 2012

Evan Rempel <erempel at uvic.ca> writes:

> I am fairly certain that there is a memory leak. How do I help track
> it down?

Looking at your config, I don't recall any known problems in those
areas, but I'll try to reproduce the problem.

Meanwhile, if you have time, running syslog-ng under valgrind would be
very, very useful. If you do that, please set the G_SLICE environment
variable to always-malloc, otherwise due to glib's allocator, the
results will be severley screwed and hardly usable.