[syslog-ng] WARNING: window sizing for tcp sources

Anton Koldaev koldaevav at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 20:32:01 CET 2012

Hello,
I have two questions:
1.
% sudo /etc/init.d/syslog-ng restart
 * Stopping system logging syslog-ng

                                      [ OK ]
 * Starting system logging syslog-ng

                                             WARNING: window sizing for tcp
sources were changed in syslog-ng 3.3, the configuration value was divided
by the value of max-connections(). The result was too small, clamping to
100 entries. Ensure you have a proper log_fifo_size setting to avoid
message loss.; orig_log_iw_size='80', new_log_iw_size='100',
min_log_fifo_size='25000'

I have a lot of tcp sources, destination and options. Where should I look
for this warning? I don't have "log_iw_size=80" anywhere.

2.
`syslog-ng --preprocess-into=/tmp/pre.conf`
^Does it work for anybody? It writes the config file but it hangs after it
for me. Is it supposed to be used when syslog-ng daemon is down?

--
Best regards,
Koldaev Anton