[syslog-ng] 3.4 alpha: Deadlock in MongoDB plugin?

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Tue Aug 14 08:15:14 CEST 2012

Conrad Hoffmann <ch at bitfehler.net> writes:

> No log messages are ever written to the DB, and after a few messages
> syslog locks up.
>
> The mongodb threads seems to idle in its normal event loop while the
> main thread seems to be stuck in some afmongodb-related lock.

That sounds familiar, can you try if this patch fixes it for you?

https://github.com/algernon/syslog-ng/commit/7b6280a183e1edec0be2e6b2b0b4bcad341881f6

(On the hotfix/3.4/afmongodb-notify-deadlock of my repo[1])

 [1]: git://github.com/algernon/syslog-ng.git

If that works, then I really, really need to get back to working on
LogThreadedDestdriver, and get rid of these things once and for all.