[syslog-ng] 3.4 alpha: Deadlock in MongoDB plugin?

Conrad Hoffmann ch at bitfehler.net
Tue Aug 14 00:22:23 CEST 2012

Hi, it's me bugging again :)

(btw, I'm on the list, no need to CC me)

In my quest to test my patches with the actual 3.4 version syslog, I
noticed today that the mongodb plugin doesn't seem to work very at all
on todays master branch (vanilla, without any patches).

No log messages are ever written to the DB, and after a few messages
syslog locks up.

The mongodb threads seems to idle in its normal event loop while the
main thread seems to be stuck in some afmongodb-related lock.

Once again, I need to go to bed before I can take a closer look, but I
just thought I'd let you know.

Find here a backtrace of the main thread in the state it is stuck in:

http://pastebin.com/QZSam3CH

At the bottom is also the backtrace for the mongodb thread, as far as I
can tell it looks as always.

Good night for now,
Conrad