[syslog-ng] Spoofed source bug introduced in 3.3.5

Gergely Nagy algernon at madhouse-project.org
Mon Apr 30 18:08:28 CEST 2012

On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 16:57, Marvin Nipper <Marvin.Nipper at stream.com> wrote:
> So… I’m hoping that someone will say “ah ha”, and have some idea about what
> code might have changed between 3.3.4 and 3.3.5, that might have
> (accidentally) resulted in this behavior.

While not necessarily an ah-ha moment, but can you try reverting this patch:
  http://git.madhouse-project.org/debian/syslog-ng/patch/?id=a898014482f733e9ccac00b7965e92db00d7589b

This is the only patch between 3.3.4 and 3.3.5 that I can imagine
having an effect you describe.

Hopefully my hunch is correct, and then reverting this patch will fix
your issue until we find a better solution.