[syslog-ng] 3.4 on opensuse factory

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Fri Apr 20 16:45:29 CEST 2012

Peter Czanik <czanik at balabit.hu> writes:

> Hello,
>
> When trying to run syslog-ng 3.4 on openSUSE factory, the supervisor
> process starts, but it's child segfaults continuously. I tried to revert
> the big nvtable patch, which solved my problem previously, but it did
> not help.

It's not the nvtable patch that causes problems. I posted a patch here
earlier that fixes the issue, but it hasn't been pulled into 3.4 yet (it
was, Bazsi just didn't push his tree out, it seems).

The patch itself is available on my sandbox/3.4 branch, in this commit:
 https://github.com/algernon/syslog-ng/commit/05e4e594e1fda8d91188196365fdc30da303254d

> Is it something in syslog-ng, or I should rather report it at openSUSE?

It's a syslog-ng 3.4 bug, patch above :)