[syslog-ng] afsql error

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Thu Apr 19 00:29:26 CEST 2012

Jason Kojro-Badziak <jbadziak at monolith-software.com> writes:

> Hello all:
>
> I am running syslog-ng on a Centos 6 server.  I installed syslog-ng
> via yum, and while it is running successfully, I am getting this error
> every time I start or restart syslog-ng.
>
> # /etc/init.d/syslog-ng start
> Plugin module not found in 'module-path'; module-path='/lib64/syslog-ng', module='afsql'
> Starting syslog-ng: Plugin module not found in 'module-path'; module-path='/lib64/syslog-ng', module='afsql'
>                                                            [  OK  ]

If you're not using an SQL destination, and don't need it, you can add
--default-modules=affile,afprog,afsocket,afuser,basicfuncs,csvparser,dbparser,syslogformat
to the commandline in the init script, and it will stop warning about
afsql. Mind you, this is only a warning - syslog-ng will function just
fine despite the perhaps scary warning at startup.

(You can get the compiled-in default by running syslog-ng --version, and
looking at the Default-Modules line - remove afsql from there, and pass
the rest via --default-modules)

If you do want to use an SQL destination, then you will need that
module. I do not know what package it is in, possibly something like
syslog-ng-module-sql or something similar.