[syslog-ng] How to remove hosts from Syslog-ng plugin

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Sat Apr 7 13:30:50 CEST 2012

On Thu, 2012-04-05 at 17:51 -0300, Wagner Pereira wrote:
> Hello, all.
>
> I'm not sure if that's the right mailing list. If it is not, please let
> me know.
>
> I use the CactiEZ solution running Syslog 0.5.2 by Jimmy Conner
>
> The thing is: every host configured to log against my server (I asked a
> friend of mine to test it out), my server accept and include the new
> host in the list.
>
> I need to do two things:
>
> 1. To block new unauthorized hosts to log on it and
> 2. Remove hosts from the list
>
> I appreciate any help.

I'm not really sure what CactiEZ is or what relation it has with
syslog-ng. Probably my ignorance though.

If it is running syslog-ng underneath, you might want to filter your
syslog port using a packet filter (iptables for instance), or use the
netmask() filter within syslog-ng to drop unwanted traffic.