[syslog-ng] Handling multiple timezones

Chris Hiestand chiestand at salk.edu
Sat Apr 7 02:49:41 CEST 2012

Thanks Robert. Thanks for pointing out the use of different ports, that is a good idea I overlooked. Your second solution unfortunately isn't possible and your third, though quite clever, seems not worth the trouble to me. The timezone problem I'm having is minor and I'd rather just deal with it than jump through such hoops.

I'm dissapointed that there isn't a more elegant solution for this problem. I assume it's a very common problem since there's a lot of syslog clients out that that don't allow you to include TZ information.

I might give the multi-port trick a try, thanks.
-Chris