[syslog-ng] smtp on FreeBSD

Peter Czanik czanik at balabit.hu
Tue Apr 3 12:55:00 CEST 2012

Hello,

I tried to compile syslog-ng 3.4 alpha git on FreeBSD 8.1 with smtp
support, but it does not start:

fb81# /usr/local/etc/rc.d/syslog-ng start
Starting syslog_ng.
Error opening plugin module; module='afsmtp',
error='/usr/local/lib/syslog-ng/libafsmtp.so: Undefined symbol
"_smtp_message_str_cb"'

smtp support can only be disabled by removing libesmtp from the system...

There is also a segfault now for each incoming log (nothing appears in
log files), so I'm checking if it's related to any of the enabled
modules. At first glance it seems to be something FreeBSD specific, I
have all modules enabled on openSUSE, and logging seems to work (at
least the basics, I checked).

Bye,

--
Peter Czanik (CzP)<czanik at balabit.hu>
BalaBit IT Security / syslog-ng upstream