[syslog-ng] Possible memleak in 3.3 HEAD

Jakub Jankowski shasta at toxcorp.com
Mon Sep 19 13:33:07 CEST 2011

Monday 19 of September 2011 10:36:33 Gergely Nagy napisał(a):
> Jakub Jankowski <shasta at toxcorp.com> writes:
> > Actually, the code I run is from HEAD, despite syslog-ng -V output. This
> > is because of me having difficulties building directly from git
> > checkout,
>
> Oh, I see. What difficulties do you have, if I may ask? If it's a
> problem we can fix, then I think we should do that, so building from git
> becomes easier :)

I don't recall all my issues, but I'm pretty sure I had some with autogen.sh
(autotools too old on el5), empty lib/ivykis/ after simple git clone,
probably some more.

> >> (I'll have a look at the valgrind logs when time permits, thanks for
> >> investigating!)
> >
> > I'd be grateful, thanks. And sorry for misleading version output.
>
> While I didn't have the time to have a closer look, thinking ahead, if
> you could send me the full valgrind logs (off-list works too, if it's
> big or you don't want to send it to the list), that might make it easier
> for me to hunt down the leak.

Since my report, I re-ran my tests on non-OpenVZ machine (to rule out
possible, but unlikely, memory issues with OpenVZ kernel), and I ran the same
tests on 3.2.2.
It looks like 3.2.2 does not exhibit the leak I'm seeing on 3.3. Complete
valgrind logs are available here: http://toxcorp.com/stuff/syslog-ng-leak/

Let me know if I can provide anything else to help with this. Thanks!

--
Jakub Jankowski|shasta at toxcorp.com|http://toxcorp.com/
GPG: FCBF F03D 9ADB B768 8B92 BB52 0341 9037 A875 942D