[syslog-ng] Possible memleak in 3.3 HEAD

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Mon Sep 19 10:36:33 CEST 2011

Jakub Jankowski <shasta at toxcorp.com> writes:

> Actually, the code I run is from HEAD, despite syslog-ng -V output. This
> is because of me having difficulties building directly from git
> checkout,

Oh, I see. What difficulties do you have, if I may ask? If it's a
problem we can fix, then I think we should do that, so building from git
becomes easier :)

> Which, if I'm right, comes from 951659d2cdda1a522740881354de25dcbd4e42ce,
> newer than that is only 0a3d844ff94a14d770bcdfa993f02e87e58a81f2 that adds
> nothing but a comment.

Mhm, looks like you should have all the mem-leak patches.

>> (I'll have a look at the valgrind logs when time permits, thanks for
>> investigating!)
>
> I'd be grateful, thanks. And sorry for misleading version output.

While I didn't have the time to have a closer look, thinking ahead, if
you could send me the full valgrind logs (off-list works too, if it's
big or you don't want to send it to the list), that might make it easier
for me to hunt down the leak.