[syslog-ng] preparations for 3.3.2

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Sat Oct 29 19:06:54 CEST 2011

Balazs Scheidler <bazsi at balabit.hu> writes:

> Since there are a nice number of fixes accumulated on the 3.3 tree, I'd
> like to prepare for the 3.3.2 release.
>
> Before doing the actual release though, I'd appreciate any kind of
> feedback you can give.

I'll be building Debian & Ubuntu packages in about half an hour, so
they'll hit my repository by midnight latest.

I don't have any pending issues for 3.3, so if my machines survive with
current git head 'till tomorrow night, I'll be eagerly waiting for the
3.3.2 tag to land. ;)

> The current state is in git right now, I'll try to create a timestamped
> tarball later this weekend.

For the time being, I still have the script that autogenerates a tarball
from git each night, and I triggered it now to create a snapshot right
away:

 http://packages.madhouse-project.org/syslog-ng/syslog-ng-3.3-1319904599-c7fb3470c6140786fa97e35f1d488ce6a0b7af4e.tar.gz

That is one horrible timestamp + sha1 combo there. I'll update the
script at some point to include the latest tag and the contents of the
VERSION file in there somewhere. So we'll end up with something like
syslog-ng-3.3.1+${VERSION}-${TIMESTAMP}-${SHA1}.tar.gz. Even longer,
but slightly clearer about what version it is.

(The above is a make dist tarball, by the way, with ivykis and
libmongo-client included. It's not a simple git export that needs
additional bootstrapping!)