[syslog-ng] rfc3195 support

Linus Grybäck gryantheblue at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 19:18:08 CEST 2011

I was wondering if syslog-ng had support for sending messages according to
the rfc3195 standard? I have not found any mention of it in the
documentation. I noticed that syslog-ng can send BSD style messages with
TCP. From what I understood from the rfc3195 (
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3195.txt) it specifies a way to do just that. So
I was wondering if syslog-ng uses this form when it sends BSD style messages
over TCP? If it have support for it at all, or not?

With BSD style messages I mean messages following the rfc3164, also called
legacy-syslog in the documentation.
// Thanks for your help, Linus