[syslog-ng] FreeBSD install with SSL

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Mon Mar 14 16:28:39 CET 2011

John Kristoff <jtk at cymru.com> writes:

> I have a FreeBSD system that has the SSL libraries not built from
> ports.  Apparently the syslog-ng port expects ssl to be installed from
> ports.  I'd prefer not to do that at this time.

The newest sysutils/syslog-ng3 from ports should be able to build with
the system SSL aswell. I'd suggest upgrading your ports collection, or
at least sysutils/syslog-ng3.

The trick is to set OPENSSL_CFLAGS and OPENSSL_LIBS environment
variables prior to configure, as they override the pkg-config supplied
ones (which won't even be tried in this case).

Nevertheless, I'd suggest upgrading your ports collection, as building
with the system openssl has been supported there for a while now (since
late january, according to the $FreeBSD$ tag in the Makefile).