[syslog-ng] FreeBSD install with SSL

John Kristoff jtk at cymru.com
Mon Mar 14 16:02:32 CET 2011

I have a FreeBSD system that has the SSL libraries not built from
ports.  Apparently the syslog-ng port expects ssl to be installed from
ports.  I'd prefer not to do that at this time.

However, when building syslog-ng from source, it expects pkg-config (or
gnome-config as this FreeBSD still refers to it) for SSL, which also is
not going to work.

I've not tried the balabit supplied FreeBSD package.

Any guidance on the best approach to get syslog-ng with SSL support
installed onto this FreeBSD box?  Keep in mind I'd like to avoid
changing the installed openssl libaries at this time.  Will the balabit
package do the trick?  Perhaps it is better to modify the build process
from source?

John