[syslog-ng] SYSLOG-NG and AIX packages.

dbarry at princesscruises.com dbarry at princesscruises.com
Tue Jun 28 23:05:23 CEST 2011

Greetings all:

(Although it looks like this list is mostly populated by devs,  the
descriptor describes it as a user mailiong list as well, so I hope this
message is OK here.  If not, my apologies, and hopefully I can be
re-directed.)

I've had minor experience with personal experimentation with syslog-ng in
a simple Redhat enviroment, where all I had to do was download the
package.   However, I'm trying to encourage my work environment to move to
syslog-ng in our production environment.

My work enivo consists of some AIX boxes, versions 5.3L, 6.x, and now 7.1.
  I believe our AIX team would be comfortable deploying standard packages,
however, from what I can see in the evaluation section, it looks like the
latest AIX packages I see is syslog-ng-2.0.10-1.aix5.2.ppc  I see packages
for other distros, but I think that is all for AIX..