[syslog-ng] log file size limit

William Tambellini William.Tambellini at galaxysemi.com
Mon Jul 25 17:50:42 CEST 2011

Dear Syslog-ng team,

 We are currently evaluating syslog-ng in order to satisfy some requests
from our customers regarding logs from our software.

 One of their requests is to limit log file size using some kind of rotation
algo : if size > 6Mo then rotate to another file.

 We have found some options in file destination like fifo buffer control but
nothing about files rotation.

 Is there anything for that kind of feature ?

Regards

WT.

William Tambellini

Lead Technical Organizer

www.galaxysemi.com

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in
the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."

Bill Waterson (Calvin & Hobbes)