[syslog-ng] ld.so.1 problem during upgrade to 3.1.2

Matthew Hall mhall at mhcomputing.net
Sat Jan 8 19:13:17 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 08, 2011 at 09:15:41AM -0500, Fred Connolly wrote:
> Thanks Matthew!! Appreciate the info.
>
> In the past, the person who normally installs syslog-ng would just
> download it from sunfreeware.com and update all the libraries and and
> install it without any compiling. It always worked right out of the
> box except for the config file:))
>
> I will look for the documentation and start reading. I normally do
> that anyway but was under a pretty strict timeline.
>
> Thanks again!!

I am surprised the version from sunfreeware is not working right.

Or were you compiling it from source this time instead to get a newer
version?

Anyhow, if you are compiling from source you might as well use 3.2
because you get bugfixes, event correlation, and more configuration
flexibility.

Matthew.