[syslog-ng] Newer libtool and autoconf versions?

Corinna Vinschen vinschen at redhat.com
Wed Feb 23 13:39:34 CET 2011

On Feb 23 12:23, Peter Czanik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On 02/23/2011 12:14 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On Feb 23 11:05, Peter Czanik wrote:

> >> I tried to compile it at
> >> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=syslog-ng&project=home%3Aczanik%3Abranches%3ABase%3ASystem
> >> but it failed for older releases. Those use mixed linking, the latest
> >> one dynamic linking. Could it be a problem?
> >> Bye,
> >> CzP
> >>
> > Maybe it's a libtool problem in old versions of libtool.  Unfortunately
> > you didn't send the relevant output of a failed build attept, so there's
> > no way to diagnose the problem from here.
> >
> Because all the build logs are available from the openSUSE build service
> logs I quoted. Just click on the red "faild" link on right and then
> "download logfile".

Uh, I see.  Thanks.  The link line is

  gcc -std=gnu99 -Wno-pointer-sign -fmessage-length=0 -O2 -Wall
  -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fstack-protector -funwind-tables
  -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -g -Wall -o .libs/pdbtool
  pdbtool-pdbtool.o  ../../lib/.libs/libsyslog-ng.so
  libsyslog-ng-patterndb.a -lssl -lcrypto -lz

There are important libs missing here, like libevt, libgmodule, libglib.
I don't know why that is, because the include paths are available when
building the object files, for instance on x86_64:

  -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include   -I/usr/include/eventlog

Corinna

--
Corinna Vinschen
Cygwin Project Co-Leader