[syslog-ng] Newer libtool and autoconf versions?

Peter Czanik czanik at balabit.hu
Wed Feb 23 12:23:24 CET 2011

Hello,

> On Feb 23 11:05, Peter Czanik wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> On 02/22/2011 03:11 PM, Balazs Scheidler wrote:
>>
>>> What about this patch, e.g. create a static library, which makes pdbtool
>>> happy and doesn't introduce another shared object.
>>>
>>> Peter, Marius what do you think?
>>>

>> I tried to compile it at
>> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=syslog-ng&project=home%3Aczanik%3Abranches%3ABase%3ASystem
>> but it failed for older releases. Those use mixed linking, the latest
>> one dynamic linking. Could it be a problem?
>> Bye,
>> CzP
>>
> Maybe it's a libtool problem in old versions of libtool.  Unfortunately
> you didn't send the relevant output of a failed build attept, so there's
> no way to diagnose the problem from here.

Because all the build logs are available from the openSUSE build service
logs I quoted. Just click on the red "faild" link on right and then
"download logfile".

> However, did you try my patch from
> https://lists.balabit.hu/pipermail/syslog-ng/2011-February/016007.html
> ?  It might help.

I'll try later today or tomorrow. Right now the OBS is dead slow
(release 11.4 is nearing).
Bye,

--
Peter Czanik (CzP) <czanik at balabit.hu>
BalaBit IT Security / syslog-ng upstream