[syslog-ng] patterndb project?

Peter Czanik czanik at balabit.hu
Fri Feb 18 13:57:08 CET 2011

Hello,

On 02/18/2011 12:57 PM, Valentijn Sessink wrote:
> Hi,
>
> http://www.balabit.com/wiki/patterndb mentions the "patterndb project",
> but there is hardly any information. I have a couple of additions to the
> sshd patterns, does anyone know where to put/send them?

First of all: thank you for working on patterns / patterndb!

As you might have read it here on the list or at Bazsi's blog, we plan
to move patterndb to CEE instead of using our own schema:
http://bazsi.blogs.balabit.com/2010/11/patterndb-goes-cee/

The problem with CEE is that it's still a quickly moving target. Until
it is a bit more stabilized (hopefully Q1 this year, according to
yesterdays CEE board meeting), we continue to work on our own.

and transform later to CEE once that is more ready for use.

Bye,

--
Peter Czanik (CzP) <czanik at balabit.hu>
BalaBit IT Security / syslog-ng upstream