[syslog-ng] [development] open questions

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Mon Feb 7 22:30:13 CET 2011

> > systemd support (Marius Tomaschewski, Tom Gundersen, Algernon)
> >
> >    * should be more-or-less ready, Algernon promised to rebase it
> >      against both 3.2 and 3.3 , so that I
> >      can integrate into both.
>
> This is available from the integration/systemd branches of my 3.2 and
> 3.3 trees:
>
> git://git.madhouse-project.org/syslog-ng/syslog-ng-3.2.git and
> git://git.madhouse-project.org/syslog-ng/syslog-ng-3.3.git
>
> The integration branch was based on the current master of of each
> version, and contains two commits: one that makes GSockAddr->sa_funcs
> per-instance instead of per-family.
>
> On top of this is Marius' systemd socket activation support (condensed
> into a single commit, including my inherit_systemd_activation()
> cleanup).

Tom Gundersen contributed an example syslog-ng.service file, which is
available from the integration/systemd-with-example branch (for both 3.2
and 3.3) from the repositories above.

I was contemplating merging it to the main integration/systemd branch,
but for reasons I already forgot I opted for a separate branch instead.

Bazsi: please pull whichever you prefer. :)