[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.2.2 OSE takes 100% CPU after source files get truncated.

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Wed Feb 2 21:53:11 CET 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 19:58 +0300, Mailing Lists wrote:
> The patch did not solve the problem. Syslog-ng appears to loop over
> the empty source file.

The attached patch fixes the problem, but it may have unwanted side
effects - although off the top of my head, I can't think of any, nor did
my tests reveal anything.

Works For Me(tm) applies.

The proper solution will need a bit more thinking, unfortunately. I know
why the problem appears, and I know why the attached fix works, but I do
not understand the reason why the line I removed was there in a first
place.

I suppose there was a reason behind it, but I've yet to figure that out.

In the meantime, the attached patch should help. I tried my best to find
any ill side-effects, but so far, I couldn't. Therefore I think it's
pretty safe, but no guarantees.