[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.2.2 OSE takes 100% CPU after source files get truncated.

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Wed Feb 2 19:22:27 CET 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 18:35 +0100, Gergely Nagy wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 20:21 +0300, Mailing Lists wrote:
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Could you tell me if there is a version free from this bug, so I can
> > use it while youre working on the fix ?
> >

> Chances are, there isn't such a version. But I can't tell for sure until
> I figure out what the cause is (but then, when I get that far, I'll have
> a fix too :P)
>
> But I managed to reproduce it, so the fix should be coming your way
> soon.

Update: I found the problem, it exists in all versions of syslog-ng OSE
as far as I checked.

The good news is, I already have a workaround (with side effects), and
have a plan on how to fix the issue properly.

I need to leave work now, but I'll have a go at it from home. With a bit
of luck, I can present a solution by the end of the day. If not, I'll
publish the workaround for the time being.