[syslog-ng] Invalid frame header messages

Balazs Scheidler bazsi at balabit.hu
Wed Dec 21 13:54:01 CET 2011

On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 10:29 -0800, Mr. Jan Walter wrote:
> Doh! Thanks.
>
> The syntax between tcp and syslog declarations strikes me as a bit irregular - one takes ip() as an argument and the other does not.

It's not a difference betwen tcp and syslog, but rather source and
destination.

On the source side, no parameter is required, on the destination side
the name of the server is required, thus it is a positional parameter,
rather than an option.

However this question has been brought up so many times, that I'd be
willing to integrate an alternative syntax if someone has the time to
prepare a patch.

Thanks.