[syslog-ng] error while loading shared libraries

Johnson, Chris (HP TippingPoint Roseville) chris.johnson3 at hp.com
Wed Dec 7 21:44:34 CET 2011

I'm getting the following error:
    /usr/local/sbin/syslog-ng: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/local/lib/libsyslog-ng-3.3.3.so: ELF file OS ABI invalid
When I try to run syslog-ng (also occurs when I run pbdtool)
    pdbtool: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/local/lib/libsyslog-ng-3.3.3.so: ELF file OS ABI invalid

I'm building on one box (RedHat), and running on another (not sure what flavor of Linux, might be CentOS).
Any pointers to what I can set during the build phase that will allow it to run?

Thanks,
Chris
Christopher Johnson
chris.johnson3 at hp.com