[syslog-ng] error while loading shared libraries

Johnson, Chris (HP TippingPoint Roseville) chris.johnson3 at hp.com
Mon Dec 12 17:56:19 CET 2011

In my case, the default value for prefix (/usr/local) works just fine. I use ‘DESTDIR’ to point to my staging directory root during ‘make install’, and the target box can find the bin an libs fine. It’s that the shared library seems to be out of sync with the bin.

I’m experimenting with the ‘--host’ and ‘--build’ parameters to see if that will clear up the issue, and now I’m getting:

./configure --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/home/user/wip/lib/libevtlog/:/home/wip/lib/" EVTLOG_CFLAGS="-I/home/user/wip/lib/libevtlog/include"
[…]
checking for GLIB... yes
checking sanity checking Glib headers... no
configure: error: Glib headers inconsistent with current compiler setting. You might be using 32 bit Glib with a 64 bit compiler, check PKG_CONFIG_PATH
make: *** [config] Error 1

so, now I need to find where ‘./configure’ is looking for glib to make sure it’s pointed to the ‘build’ environment correctly.

Chris