[syslog-ng] libafsocket.so

Gergely Nagy algernon at balabit.hu
Tue Aug 23 14:27:58 CEST 2011

Peter Czanik <czanik at balabit.hu> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I'm working on the 3.3 beta2 package for openSUSE and I wonder, if there
> is any reason to keep libafsocket-notls.so in the package.

I faced a similar issue with the Debian package, and while I kept both
-tls and -notls for now, I will drop -notls in the future.

If we'd want to provide a -notls package without openssl dependency,
then there would be a reason to keep it. Otherwise, not so much.

The reason there's two is to allow one to choose. If we opt not to use
that possibility, it's safe to drop it, in my experience.

(The next preview of my debian packages will drop -notls)