[syslog-ng] syslog-ng 3.1.2 - Changing location of syslog-ng.pid file causes problems

Zeek Anow zeekstern at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 17:06:32 CEST 2011

Thanks alot Gergely!! I really appreciate the response.

I am using the example file and see the OPTIONS variable. The -p option is
valid, but the -c option does not appear to be. I checked in the syslog-ng
Open Source Edition 3.1 Administrator Guide and the man page. There is a -C
for the chroot directory, but I don't think that is what you are referring
to. Course it is always possible the documentation is not updated. Have you
used the -c before?

Also, any thoughts as to why I cannot find the syslog-ng.pid file anywhere
on the system? All of the startup/shutdown scripts use it and syslog-ng is
running. This really has me scratching my head:))

Thanks!!