[syslog-ng] Insert hostname instead of overwrite ?

stucky stucky101 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 3 10:13:37 CEST 2010

So it would consider "Server" to be a bad hostname but what will it do with
it ? I'm not sure I understand this option 100%.
If I set "keep_hostname" to "yes" but then tell it that "Server" is a bad
hostname what will it use as a hostname in this case ?

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 12:32 AM, Sandor Geller <
Sandor.Geller at morganstanley.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 12:39 AM, stucky <stucky101 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > That's exactly the problem. I cannot keep a hostname that was never
> written
> > in the first place.
> > The DELL server administrator doesn't send it. As per my email below it
> > sends this :
> >
> > Aug 16 21:47:22 Server Administrator: Storage Service EventID: 2242> The
> > Patrol Read has started.:  Controller 0 (PERC 5/i Integrated)
> >
> > So If I do a "keep_hostname" syslog-ng assumes that the server is called
> > "Server" which is of course wrong.
>
> For the legacy syslog format bad_hostname("^Server$") should do the trick.
>
> Regards,
>
> Sandor

> Documentation:

stucky