[syslog-ng] unable to setup syslog-ng for log monitoring

SZALAY Attila sasa at balabit.hu
Tue Nov 30 09:43:41 CET 2010

Hi All!

On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 13:40 +0530, Supratik Goswami wrote:

> I created "/root/workspace/test" a bash script only with a simple echo
> statement to check if it is working correctly or not. The problem is
> whenever I start syslog-ng the script starts executing even if the
> word "attackalert" is not recorded. The following is my syslog-ng.conf
> configuration. Is there anything I am missing here ? Please advice.

Yes, this is the expected (and documented) behavior. Syslog-ng start the
scipt at the start time and the script should wait for the messages.

And the script should not exit either because syslog-ng would not like
it.

--
SZALAY Attila
Support (L3) Team Leader

e-mail: attila.szalay at balabit.com

BalaBit IT Security
www.balabit.com
H-1115 Bártfai str. 54. Budapest

This Communication is Confidential. We only send and receive email on
the basis of the terms set out at http://www.balabit.com/disclaimer/.