[syslog-ng] memory exhausted in /opt/syslog-ng/etc/syslog-ng.conf at line 5347

Mukarram Syed msyed at walmart.com
Tue Nov 9 00:54:45 CET 2010

Hi ,
I am getting the following error when starting syslog-ng.conf file which has more than 5000 lines in it and getting the following error:

# service syslog-ng start
memory exhausted in /opt/syslog-ng/etc/syslog-ng.conf at line 5347.

syslog-ng documentation: http://www.balabit.com/support/documentation/?product=syslog-ng
                                                         [FAILED]

When I truncate the file to < 5000 lines it starts up fine.

This is running version syslog-ng-3.0.8-1.rhel5.x86_64
Mailing list does not have any clues to it.
Anything in the syslog-ng.conf file that needs to be done to accept more lines?
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

# mukarram

Mukarram Syed