[syslog-ng] nested/derived source statements?

Jan Schaumann jschauma at netmeister.org
Mon May 10 23:01:15 CEST 2010

Balazs Scheidler <bazsi at balabit.hu> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-05-05 at 14:46 -0600, Patrick H. wrote:
> > I personally dont think this is needed. You can always specify
> > multiple sources in a single log statement, and you can filter by
> > items within a source by adding a tag.
> > But just my own humble opinion.
> >

> that's exactly how I responded in the bugzilla for the ticket. :)

Ah, right, I had replied to that:

| bugzilla at bugzilla.balabit.com wrote:
|
| > you can use multiple source references in a log statement, or with the
| > latest tags() stuff, you can filter based on tags.
|
| Ah, I didn't know about tags.  That might be a reasonable work-around,
| but it still seems to me like that -- a work-around.
|
| > Do you have any other usecase?
|
| Not at the moment.

only, bugzilla didn't like my mail:

<bugzilla at bugzilla.balabit.com>: host bugzilla.balabit.com[195.70.41.85]
said:
    554 5.1.1 <bugzilla at bugzilla.balabit.com>: Recipient address rejected:
    undeliverable address: mail for bugzilla.balabit.com loops back to myself

Anyway, it seems counter-intuitive to me to be able to combine other
things and not sources, but it's not a big blocker for me.

-Jan