[syslog-ng] Questions regarding Syslog-ng

Dyne Lai dynelai at gmail.com
Wed May 5 08:15:29 CEST 2010

Dear Syslog-ng developers,

I am very interested and impressed with the many features of Syslog-ng
as compared to Syslogd and would consider implement it in my servers.
However, I do have some questions regarding Syslog-ng that I would
like to enquiry as below.

1) Is it possible for both Syslogd and Syslog-ng to co-exist and run
concurrently in a single server? The rational for this question is due
to support reason and security reason that will require the presence
of Syslogd even though it can be replaced by Syslog-ng.

Thank you for the time!

Best Regards,
Dyne Lai