[syslog-ng] Problem with windows client

Heinze, René Rene.Heinze at BDR.de
Mon Feb 22 14:16:59 CET 2010

Hi Zoltán,

thanks for you support! The problem was, that the windows clients only uses tcp for connecting to the syslog-ng server. It works now, by creating a tcp source.

Best,
René

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Zoltán Pallagi [mailto:pzolee at balabit.hu]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. Februar 2010 10:06
An: Syslog-ng users' and developers' mailing list; Heinze, René
Betreff: Re: [syslog-ng] Problem with windows client

Hi Rene,

It seems that your server doesn't exist or drops the agent connection.
Please check the following changes in your agent configuration and fix them if they are not correct:
-server address
-server port
-SSL usage (perhaps, your server wants to use ssl but your agent doesn't)

If everything is correct, start the syslog-ng in debug mode (syslog-ng -Fevd) and I think you will see the reason for this behaviour.

If you can't solve this problem, send me your agent and server configuration, please.
(for more information about debbuging syslog-ng/agent, see my blog: http://pzolee.blogs.balabit.com/)

Heinze írta:

Good morning,

I´m using syslog-ng on a sles 10 server acting as a syslog-ng server

and a sles 10 server acting as a syslog-ng client. The clients logs

successfully everything to the server.

I added a Windows XP Professional SP2 client and installed the

syslog-ng client for windows. But unfortunately the windows syslog-ng

client is not able to connect to the server. The only thing i

configured is the ip of the syslog-ng server.

I attached the debug log to this email. What am I doing wrong? The is

no firewall causing the problem. On the syslog-ng server i see

incoming packages from the windows host using tcpdump.

Best regards,

René Heinze

Besuchen Sie die Bundesdruckerei auf der CeBIT 2010 vom 2.-6.3.2010, Halle 9, Stand D80

Visit Bundesdruckerei at CeBIT, exhibition centre, hall 9 / stand D80

weitere Informationen unter: http://www.bundesdruckerei.de/de/unternehmen/untern_cebit2010/index.html

find more information here http://www.bundesdruckerei.de/en/company/comp_cebit2010/index.html

Documentation: http://www.balabit.com/support/documentation/?product=syslog-ng

FAQ: http://www.campin.net/syslog-ng/faq.html