[syslog-ng] syslog-ng gets started twice when system reboots

Xuan Zhong xuan_zhong at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 18 19:24:37 CET 2010

I looked both /etc/rc.d/rc3.d and /etc/rc.d/rc5.d, and other rcx.d directories. Only one "S" script for syslog-ng and it's symbolic link to /etc/init.d/syslog-ng. All files under rcx.d directory are symbolic links.

Do you know if the first occurance of "Starting syslog-ng:" or "Stopping syslog-ng:" comes from syslog-ng binary file?

Thanks

Xuan