[syslog-ng] Getting error when checking syntax

Sandor Geller Sandor.Geller at morganstanley.com
Mon Sep 14 09:56:34 CEST 2009

Hi,

> # pkg-get upgrade glib
> No worries... you already have version 2.20.4 of glib
> But, there's no glib-config included in 2.20.4 for some reason.

glib 2 doesn't have glib-config.

> The only glib-config on the system is in /usr/sfw/bin, and
> running glib-config --version shows:
> 1.2.10

Hmm, really aged one... I guess this is provided for backwards
compatibility for solaris 8 or even older binaries.

Could you check the executable, what libraries does it require and how
does RUNPATH look like? You can use 'elfdump -d <binary>' to get this
information.

Regards,

Sandor