[syslog-ng] Running two syslog-ng instances

Pedro Rafael Alves Simoes pedro.a.simoes at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 19:48:35 CEST 2009

Hello,

I need to run two syslog-ng instances on a machine. I'm going to receive two
heavy "streams" of events. The two syslog-ng's will have different
configurations files. My question is: Assuming that just one syslog-ng isn't
enough, this is the best way to do this? There is any drawback? Is a
virtualized system (for example Xen on the same machine) a better option
(isolating the syslog-ng instances and configurations)?

Thank you,
Pedro Simões