[syslog-ng] syslog-ng3 with SQL on FreeBSD

Pal Tamas folti at balabit.hu
Thu Oct 29 18:56:38 CET 2009

On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 12:00:01PM +0100, syslog-ng-request at lists.balabit.hu wrote:
> Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 16:27:31 -0400
> From: "Michael W. Lucas" <mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org>
> Subject: [syslog-ng] syslog-ng3 with SQL on FreeBSD
> To: syslog-ng at lists.balabit.hu
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm working on getting syslog-ng 3.0.3 to support SQL on FreeBSD, and
> hopefully get it added to the FreeBSD package or port.  It looks like
> something isn't quite right in the configure script, however.
>
> I have libdbi 0.8.3 installed, but "./configure --enable-sql=yes"
> still reports:
>
> checking for LIBDBI... gnome-config: not found
> no
Did you installed pkg-config from ports? If not, please install it and
re-run configure with the PKG_CONFIG_PATH set to
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig (this is where libdbi installed the dbi.pc
config file)
> checking for dbi_initialize in -ldbi... no
This step will be skipped if library detection using pkg-config detection works.
If not, please set include and library detection paths in CFLAGS and
LDFLAGS variables before running configure. Ex:
CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" ./configure ...

Please note this only works in posix shells (bash, /bin/sh), in csh you
have to set the variables before running configure.

> I've reviewed /usr/local/include/dbi/dbi.h, and dbi_initialize is in
> there.
>
> Can anyone suggest a fix?
If both of these fail, please send in part of config.log from the
checking LIBDBI messages to the following text:

## Running config.status. ##

Regards,
--
Pal Tamas/Folti