[syslog-ng] Solaris10 install Syslogng3.0.4 License clarification

Robert Fekete frobert at balabit.com
Wed Oct 21 09:55:17 CEST 2009

Hi, the reason why the admin guide does not say much about Solaris 10 install is
that currently we provide binary packages on Solaris only for the commercial
Premium Edition, and this .run package should install without further woes.

The syslog-ng package available on Sunfreeware is not our work and therefore not
  covered in the admin guide, so to install it, you have to follow the
instructions bundled with that package (if it contains errors, please contact
the maintainer of the package).

The adminguide otherwise covers both the PE and the open source editions, as
there are only a handful of differences between them. (See
http://www.balabit.com/dl/html/syslog-ng-v3.0-guide-admin-en.html/pr01s03.html
or http://www.balabit.com/network-security/syslog-ng/features/for the list of
differences).

Regards,