[syslog-ng] Solaris10 install Syslogng3.0.4 License clarification

Zeek Anow zeekstern at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 19:57:45 CEST 2009

My goal is to install the server and client free version of syslog-ng.3.0.4
on Solaris 10 servers.
I read the syslog-ng 3.0 Admin Guide (dated Aug 19, 2009) and the install
instructions in the solaris10_install.txt file.

My confusion is the constant reference to the Premium Edition for files and
licensing.
Do I have the wrong documentation or did I download the wrong product?
I downloaded syslogng-3.0.4-sol10-sparc-local.gz package from SunFreeware.

I filled out the request form on your website that is supposed to be
reviewed and the license info returned to me. Again, this is for the Premium
Edition. There wasn't anything mentioned about the free version.

Hope I'm not confusing you, but I'm lost:))

Thanks!!