[syslog-ng] first post - newbie question

fredzy padzy fredzyy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 16:33:11 CET 2009

Hi

2 sec of googling with "sample syslog-ng conf" and found
http://www.campin.net/syslog-ng.conf

It uses a lot of useless conf, but for what i understood, you have to use
the following destination structure :

# set it up
destination std {

file("/var/log/HOSTS/$HOST/$YEAR/$MONTH/$DAY/$FACILITY_$HOST_$YEAR_$MONTH_$DAY"

        owner(root) group(root) perm(0600) dir_perm(0700) create_dirs(yes)
    );
};

For the source & option structure, i'm sure you'll find some usefull ones in
this page.

:)

bye