[syslog-ng] first post - newbie question

Christopher Barry christopher.barry at rackwareinc.com
Tue Nov 3 16:27:48 CET 2009

Hi All,

Looking for good config example that:
sets up syslog-ng as the central log server catching standard remote
syslog hosts logs, placing them in hostname dirs, with all of the
remotes hosts logfiles intact in the hostname dirs. Creating 'date' dirs
above the hostname dirs would be sweet too.

I've been googling around, but can't really find what I'm after. Did see
this, which is essentially what I want, but it seemed to be left
unanswered.
http://www.syslog.org/forum/syslog-ng/individual-files/

Thanks for any pointers to docs/samples you can give me.

Cheers,
-C