[syslog-ng] syslog-ng open source edition for intel based x86_64 machine

Peter Östlin peter.ostlin at op5.com
Mon Nov 2 14:59:24 CET 2009

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Fegan, Joe <Joe.Fegan at hp.com> wrote:
> I don't think yum cares about the names of rpm files - all of the important details, including the target architecture, are embedded in in the file, in the rpm header and yum uses that, regardless of the name of the file.
>
> Joe.

Sure, this is actually what I mean. The arch of the syslog-ng package
is set to amd64 (the name does not really matter) and I can't seem to
get yum to understand that. Might be possible to solve using yum
configuration but as far as I understand yum on a default Fedora or
CentOS installation will not find packages with amd64 as arch.

/Peter